Assistant Designer, Lapel Pins - Contract to Hire
V Coterie | Hybrid or Full Remote
Join the V Team! We are passionate about delivering exceptional design experiences, and we're looking for a talented Assistant Designer(s) to join us in our mission. As an Assistant Designer, you will play a pivotal role in conceptualizing and designing lapel pins. You'll be responsible for translating creative concepts into stunning vector-based artwork that will be used to create high-quality lapel pins for our customers. This role reports to our Director of Design.
You will be provided with artwork and/or logos that will serve as a foundation for your creative process. A graphics library can be made available to you for your use in designing pins, but this working library is licensed solely to V Coterie.
You will also:
- Collaborate with our team to understand project goals and design requirements
- Utilize your expertise in merchandising design to create visually appealing and on-trend designs
- Generate original, high-quality vector art designs tailored to manufacturing specifications
- Create vector files optimized for production processes, considering factors such as color, line weights, and special effects (transparent enamel, screen printing, etc.)
- Ensure that designs align with our brand's style and values
Ownership of Work Product:
V Coterie reserves the right to use the final vector art deliverables for promotional or derivative works. You will be able to include these in your personal design portfolio, but not for commercial use.
- Proven experience in graphic design, particularly in enamel pin or merchandise design
- Proficiency in design software (Adobe Illustrator preferred)
- Strong portfolio showcasing your creativity, attention to detail, and proficiency in creating enamel pin designs
- Strong understanding of vector-based graphics, color theory, and composition
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to manage multiple projects in tandem and meet specified deadlines
Other must haves:
- Positive, go-getter attitude
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and deadline-focused
- You're okay with working in your PJs — we won't make you leave your house if you don't want to!
Compensation and Benefits
- This role's pay is commission-based, starting at $50 per deliverable. Actual earnings will be determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Perks and Benefits
- Flexible hours: Enjoy a role that flexes to your preferred hours / location (work from home or hybrid remote)
- Friends and Family discount to shop vcoterie.com and a $100 gift code on your birthday
- *Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of service