YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY. BY USING THIS SITE AND PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER OF DATA FROM YOUR COUNTRY TO A COUNTRY THAT HAS LESS STRINGENT LAWS, AND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONFORMANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
The Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Site. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. When the Site does collect age information, and users identify themselves as under 13, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site. Additionally, if you are under the age of majority (typically 18 or 19 years, depending on your jurisdiction), you may not purchase any Products.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information when you:
- Create an Account through our Site
- Make a purchase
- Sign-up to receive marketing communications
- Enter a contest or participate in a promotion
- Contact us with a comment, question or complaint
- Participate in a survey or customer research
Create an Account: You do not have to create an account in order to browse our Site or place an order. If you choose to create an account, we will collect your first and last name, email address and password in order to create and administer your account. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
Purchases: To place an order, we will require your first and last name, email address, mailing address, billing address and phone number. We collect this information to process, fulfill and deliver your order of Products, including to process your payment.
Marketing Communications: If you subscribe to our email mailing list, we collect your name and email address as well as other information on an optional basis to help us tailor our communications to you. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from the Site such as our newsletter by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you transactional, order, Site and Product related communications (e.g., emails related to your orders or comments).
Contests and Promotions: When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, and any additional information or content required for the contest or promotion. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion, including to deliver a prize to you if you are the winner. These contests and promotions are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each contest and promotion that you enter.
Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint through email, social media or telephone, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a phone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly respond to your requests, answer your questions, resolve disputes, and/or troubleshoot problems. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve the quality of our Site, customer service, and Products.
Surveys and Customer Research: From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or other customer research. The information obtained through our surveys and customer research is used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form. We use this information to help us understand our customers, to improve our Products, Site and promotions.
Information about our Site
- Information Collected by Our Servers. In general, you can visit our Site without telling us who you are or submitting any Personal Information. However, to make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. We use this information to help us understand our Site activity and to monitor and improve our Site.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Site to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. For more information, see the “Interest-Based Advertising” section below.
We work with third parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Site in order to provide you with tailored advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Site and third-party websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns.
Opting-out of Interest-Based Advertising: For more information about interest-based advertising and to understand your options, including how you can opt-out of receiving behavioural ads from third-party advertising companies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at http://youradchoices.ca/choices.
Please note that even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use so you must opt-out of each web browser on each computer you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
How We Share Information
We may share certain Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: Your Personal Information may be transferred to third party vendors who help us provide the Site or sell Products to you on our behalf, including vendors that process purchases for us, host the Site, verify your eligibility for a certain discounts, and provide advertising and marketing services. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of V Coterie or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- We may also share Personal Information with third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information, or otherwise with your consent.
We may also disclose non-identifiable information publicly without restriction, including to third party vendors who may help us enhance or provide the Site or to third parties.
Safeguards and Retention
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to Personal Information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
Updating, Accessing and Controlling Your Information.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody and control. If you have an account with us, you may update certain of your Personal Information on our Site. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications, including receiving physical mail marketing communications, by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email or emailing us at email@example.com. You may request access to, updating of and corrections of inaccuracies in other of your Personal Information in our custody or control by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request certain Personal Information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her Personal Information records.
You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives and we may also retain non-identifiable information about your use of our Site and purchase of Products. Once we disclose some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and you will need to contact the third party to request access, deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.